The hazards of low voltage operation of diesel generators
Occasional failures in power systems can cause diesel generators to operate at low voltages, which is very dangerous. So, what is the harm of diesel generator low-voltage operation? Here is the title of Reed, let you come together one by one.
1. The lights were dimmed. The voltage is reduced by 5%, the illumination is reduced by 18%, the voltage is reduced by 10%, the illumination is reduced by 35%, and the voltage is reduced by 20%. The fluorescent lamp cannot be started.
2. It affects the stability of the voltage. In the case of insufficient regional reactive power compensation, reactive power shortage can only be compensated by step-down voltage, which results in an increase in reactive power shortage, and the voltage drops until it collapses.
3. Reduce static and transient stability of power systems. As the voltage decreases, the transmission limit capacity of the transmission line is correspondingly reduced, and the stability is reduced. If the voltage is too low, a voltage collapse may occur.
4. Burn the engine. If the voltage is too low by more than 10%, the motor current will increase and the temperature of the coil will increase. If the voltage is too low, the mechanical equipment will stop running or fail to start, and even burn the motor.
5. Increase line loss. When a certain amount of power is transmitted, the voltage is correspondingly reduced and the current is correspondingly increased, resulting in increased line loss.
6. Reduced generator output. If the voltage drops by more than 5%, the output of the generator will decrease accordingly.
Reed reminded users that the low-voltage operation of diesel generator sets poses a major threat to the safe use of generators and must be vigilant. When the voltage is seriously abnormal and affects the operation of the generator set, the connection between the generator set and the power system must be immediately disconnected to protect the generator set from damage. For more information, please call Reed Hotline!